Okay, so I know that I started basic March 1st and it is now the 11th of April but for the first 4 weeks you dont actually get to see the light of day let alone get access to your electronics. What I'm saying is that it's all military all day.
So here is a rundown of everything we did from week 0-4.
We changed rooms and now we are divided up into section, I am still sleeping in what can only be described as dorm style living with 5 other people 4 of which are guys, so me and the other Girl get dibs on the bathroom first. We each have our own individual rooms with locks and doors, but we share a bathroom and a common room.
Week 0 - was basically alot of classroom stuff and paper work. We also had ome classes dedicated just for meeting our platoon staff and then our company staff. It is a lot of names to remeber and you end up finding people that know some names and you know some names so you share your info until you remember it all. We did our Physical Training Test, which got rid of 11 people from our platoon. 4 went home as they could not meet the minimum requirements for the push ups and the other 7 were sent to Warrior platoon.
Warrior platton is basically where you are sent to get into
shape if you fail the PT Test or after you recover from an injury and are
awaiting a platoon. In order to gett off warrior platoon you need to pass
the minimum fitness standards.
I have discovered that every week has somehting big in it that makes you feel like you have actually accomplished some sort of monumental task and allows you to feel good about everything you have just put yourself through.
Week 0's was getting our military kit. Walking 3 bags of 60lbs each up 12 flights of stairs wasn't that fun but finally not looking like you don't belong in a place full of discipline and standards looking like the odd man out is definetley not something you want to do.
Week 1 - Saw us getting our first slip on we met more people, including the padre and our PSP staff. the PSP staff is like our personal trainers; however they speak broken english and you can tell how funny they think it is that all these seemingly out of shape people want to be in the military. The boys all got haircuts, we did a bunch more paperwork and started learning basic drill. PT Started in full swing and we saw just how crappy running and doing push-ups at 0510 could be. We also learned just how crappy inspections could be as well.
Week 1's highlight: wasn't really a highlight at all we got our vaccinations and bloodwork done. The girls were all told that we had to get a pregnancy test done, which for some odd reason this excited one of the girls before; apparenlty she has never pee'd on a stick...she was disappointed to find out that it was through the blood work that we would be pregnancy tested.
Week 2 - Week 2 was all about the C7A2's... 4 hours a day learning how to strip, clean, assemble, test the functions, fix any problems and fire the weapon. we also had our general safety test (i got a 95%)I missed 1 question, it was a stupid mistake too. Oh well.
Week 2's highlight: Obviously it was the weapon! I don't know why having to take care of one more thing was so exciting but it really was, and it still kind of is. The day we got them if you were to have looked at our platoon you would have seen 58 people that looked like 5 years given free reign in a candy store.
Okay so I am running out of time... distracted by duties and emails and massive amounts of text messages, I have to get some work done before the day ends so I will write more next weekend, or the weekend after as we might have duty next weekend so I may not have internet access.
Until Next Time
- Stiletto
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment